Ogilvie Fleet (logo)
  Log inSearch   Menu

Driving abroad

Keeping you on the road whilst travelling overseas and abroad

Driving in Europe

In most cases, Ogilvie Fleet is the registered owner of the vehicle you drive. Therefore if you’re planning on taking our vehicle abroad you will require a form to prove to local authorities that you have our consent to take the vehicle out of the UK.

The form you require is called a Vehicle on Hire Certificate (VE103B). You can apply for a certificate online and there is a small charge for this which is levied by the BVRLA.

Please contact your Fleet Manager prior to completing this form as there will be a charge to you or your company for this service.

Foreign authorities frequently do not accept photocopies or faxed documents. Failure to provide the original VE103B document whilst abroad may result in either a fine or the vehicle being impounded.

You can apply for your VE103B certificate here.

Please also allow up to 14 days for us to process this form and post it to you. On successful completion of the Vehicle on Hire Certificate the vehicle will also be covered by AA European Cover which gives you peace of mind should you be unfortunate enough to require roadside assistance. The AA European Cover guide will be sent with your certificate.

Please note, vehicles can only be taken out of the country for a maximum of six weeks at any one time unless expressly agreed in advance by Ogilvie Fleet.

Whilst driving abroad

Our breakdown partners, the AA, have a dedicated section on their website as a guide for what equipment or documentation is required.

Please note it is the drivers’ responsibility to make sure they fully adhere to the current requirements imposed by each country.

For further information, please contact Ogilvie Fleet prior to travelling on 0330 333 5678

Driving in the EU after Brexit

Following the UK’s exit from the EU, you may need extra documentation whilst driving abroad.

We recommend drivers review government advice well before travelling. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/driving-abroad


Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we are issuing certificates in line with foreign office advice and for essential travel only.

Please note that certificates will only be issued for travel to countries where current air bridges are in place in line with Foreign office advice. Payment must be made via bank transfer using your registration and VE103B as a reference or invoice to the company. Bank details for your payment will be provided on receipt of your application. Also, we will require authorisation from your company that they agree to this request, we will obtain this directly and issue your documents as appropriate.