Overseas Travel
Keeping you on the road throughout continental Europe

Driving in Europe

In most cases, Ogilvie Fleet is the registered owner of the vehicle you drive. Therefore if you’re planning on taking our vehicle abroad you will require a form to prove to local authorities that you have our consent to take the vehicle out of the UK.

The form you require is called a Vehicle on Hire Certificate (VE103B). You can apply for a certificate online and there is a small charge for this which is levied by the BVRLA. Please contact your Fleet Manager prior to completing this form as there will be a charge to you or your company for this service. Please also allow up to 14 days for us to process this form and post it to you. On successful completion of the Vehicle on Hire Certificate the vehicle will also be covered by AA European Cover which gives you the peace of mind should you be unfortunate enough to require roadside assistance. The AA European Cover guide will be sent with your certificate.

Foreign authorities frequently do not accept photocopies or faxed documents. Failure to provide the original VE103B document whilst abroad may result in either a fine or the vehicle being impounded. 

Whilst driving abroad

Some countries impose legal requirements with regard to certain equipment that the driver or vehicle should carry whilst driving abroad. Our breakdown partners the AA, have a dedicated section on their website as a guide for what equipment or documentation is required. Please note it is the drivers' responsibility to make sure they fully adhere to the current requirements imposed by each country.

For further information, please contact Ogilvie Fleet prior to travelling on 0330 333 5678.

Driving in the EU after Brexit

The UK has now left the EU and has entered a transition period that will continue until 31st December 2020. If you're considering driving abroad after this date, you may need extra documentation. We recommend drivers review government advice well before travelling. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/driving-abroad

Ogilvie Fleet is a registered company in Scotland with company number SC067027
Ogilvie House, 200 Glasgow Road, Stirling FK7 8ES
VAT registration number 400 892 864
idacmedia.com logo