2 min read
For the last 3 years, Ogilvie Fleet has decided to support charities in lieu of sending corporate gifts and Christmas cards. The charities are picked by staff based upon the regions we operate in.
This year we will be supporting:
As a registered charity, Keech provide free, specialist care for adults in Luton and south Bedfordshire, and children from Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Milton Keynes, who have life-limiting and terminal illnesses.
The charity raises funds for support and research into MND in the UK. It was started by former Scotland rugby player Doddie Weir who was diagnosed with the disease in June 2017. Their main objectives are:
– To raise funds to aid research into the causes of MND and investigate possible cures.
– Make grants available to individual sufferers to enable them to lie as fulfilled life as possible.
MNDa is the only national charity in England, Wales and Northern Ireland focused on improving access to care, research and campaigning for those people living with or affected by MND.
As well as this, our local offices are supporting food banks around the country.
– Ogilvie Fleet in Stirling have raised over £1,000 for Start-up Stirling, along with around 50 bags of shopping
– Ogilvie Fleet in Sheffield have donated funds raised from dress down days to a local food bank
– Ogilvie Fleet Southern team donated Tesco vouchers to Grand Union Housing Association to support a Christmas food bank created for residents in their properties
– Our Tilsun and Active Claims Solutions offices have supported their local food banks in Cheshire and Bournemouth respectively.
We would like to wish all our customers, staff and suppliers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.