2 min read
A few pounds saved on a monthly rental can be wiped out by unreasonable charges when a vehicle is returned. At Ogilvie we believe in complete trust and transparency.
This is why it is important to us that we discuss at the outset of our customer relationships what happens at the end of the contract.
Our fair and consistent approach will give you total piece of min. Below are details of the damage recharges that were made between July 2019 and June 2020 and how they compared to the previous years figures.
– Car returned – 3,144
– Cars where damage was recharged – 31% – down from 36%
– Average damage over all cars Average – £73.09 – down from £96.76
– Average where damage charged – £235.95 – down from £271.77
– LCV’s returned – 556
– LCV’s where damage was recharged – 29% – down from 46%
– Average damage over all cars Average – £81.09 – up from £78.47
– Average where damage charged – £280.05 – down from £305.88
– Total returned – 3700
– Total vehicles where damage was recharged – 31% – down from 34%
– Average damage over all cars Average – £74.29 – down from £93.52
– Average where damage charged – £242.16 – down from £276.36
We know that end of contract damage recharges can be contentious. This is why we designed an app to help Fleet Managers and drivers to assess their Ogilvie Fleet vehicle prior to collection. APPrasial is an industry-leading app that is saving fleet managers time and money.
The app allows drivers to report on all areas of the vehicle – inside and out – and record a walk-around video tour to highlight wear and tear or damage. The photos and videos are then submitted to Ogilvie for assessment prior to collection.
In addition APPraisal can be used to manage vehicle condition mid term – when vehicles may move from driver to driver.
To discuss in greater detail how Ogilvie can help you reduce your end of contract charges please contact your Area Manager.